Sunday 20 March 2016

Fibreglass cntd.

Since I provided no pictures last week of the rear arches I thought I should put some up. As I said before fitting the rubber piping around the edge of the carbon fibre plates was quite fiddly. fitting the piping around the edge of the rear wing once it was partially installed was much easier. I had pre-cut the required notches which helped make things smoother.
LHS looking good
The RHS took ages to go on, not because of any issue with the arches, but resolving the outstanding issues with the rear wheel hub. After the third bearing and second driveshaft, there was a combination of components that would actually go together! Once that was all fitted with the speed sensor the rear arch was put on.
RHS finally on
Lights and all!
I also installed the other carbon fibre bits (the sill protectors). These really helped to set the car off, but riveting all the interior panels by hand was a bit of a pain.
Carbon fibre trim starting to look really neat!

No comments:

Post a Comment